Thursday, January 22, 2009

First blog of the year

I can't believe that 2009 is already 22 days old, and this is my 1st blog! My mood of the day is "cautiously optimistic." Rob and I are going through the process of buying a house in Mississippi. Assuming that the financing goes through, we will be closing on Feb. 13th. I am cautiously optimistic that the loan will go through, and that we will soon be living in our brick house with its very large backyard, kitchen with a gas stove and a dishwasher (can you believe that our faculty house doesn't have a DISHWASHER?), 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, built-in gas fireplace, lovely landscaped front yard... I could go on & on.

I am also cautiously optimistic about the future of our country. Regardless of your feelings toward Barack Obama, there is no denying that his election is an historic one. Our first non-white president. His Inaugural Address was inspirational. He has made us all sorts of promises (health care, the economy, affordable education), now the time has come to see if he can use his current popularity, and the Democratic Congress, to get some of those things passed.

No comments: