Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another year has come and gone


38.

Thirty-eight.

THIRTY-EIGHT?! That sounds so adult, so responsible, so... OLD!!! How is it possible that I've lived on this earth for 38 years, yet I still feel so young? It seems equally impossible that I graduated from High School more than TWENTY years ago! Where has the time gone?

It is interesting to read my post from a year ago, in which I said that I am not in touch with very many of my high school classmates. Since then, I have joined Facebook! There are LOTS of my classmates from the Northampton High class of 1988! In fact, the 20-year reunion is this year! Sadly, I will not be able to attend. My family and I have made other plans for Thanksgiving, and the reunion is the Saturday following. I am hopeful that my classmates will have a great time, and will post lots of pictures on their respective Facebook accounts.

I am happy to announce, however, that my life is SO MUCH BETTER now than it was 20, or even 10, years ago. Since the 10-year reunion in 1998, which I helped to organize, I have met my wonderful husband and we have Grace, our beautiful 2-year-old daughter. I have moved cross-country twice, the first time by myself to marry Rob, and the second time with him, just this past summer, for his career. I have attained a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, and started on a Master's degree which will probably end up being in Education. 10 years ago, I was single and had moved back in with my parents. Now, I have a family in my own right and though I never expected to live anywhere but New England, I have lived on the West coast, and now live in the South. I have seen so many wonderful sights in this country, and I am very thankful for all of the things I have been privileged to do. Here's to the next year, and the next decade, and the next 20 years!

No comments: