Thursday, November 15, 2007

Daycare & Mouse update

Last night, after a hard day of studying, I went downstairs to our finished family room in the basement to play a round of Tiger Woods Golf, as I often do to relax at the end of the day. I pulled the keyboard close, jiggled the computerized mouse, then let out a startled shriek that Rob heard from upstairs. A little charcoal-gray mouse with beady black eyes ran RIGHT ACROSS THE DESK!!! Whether it was the same mouse I saw upstairs last week or not, I have no way of knowing. They looked the same, but c'mon, they're mice! In my experience, where there is one mouse, there are usually many. Rob is going to the hardware store shortly, to pick up some have-a-heart traps. Needless to say, I did not play my game last night.

As for the daycare situation, we went over to the local one at about noon yesteday, and things were much calmer. In the infant room, there can be no more than 4 children at any one time, and I spoke, at length, to the lady who works in there. We've decided to try it out for the rest of the semester, and see how things go. Today, she is going to her usual daycare, but tomorrow she'll go to the new one so that I can meet some classmates at school, and Rob can go to his office on campus to get some grading done. Then next week is the fall break. Unlike my undergraduate institution, the University of Massachusetts, both the university that Rob attends and the one that I attend take the whole week of Thanksgiving off. It is a MUCH needed break for us!

That's all for today, thanks for checking in!

~ Kate :)

No comments: