Monday, November 19, 2007

Snow!

Woke up this morning to a dusting of snow covering everything like a bridal veil... it's white, but we can still see the "faces" of the rooftops, trees, fences, cars, stop signs, etc.

I am reminded of the scripture that says "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as rI have been fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:12

Though we can see God only as though through a veil, or a dim mirror, one day we shall see him clearly, or as the passage says, "face to face." What will it be like when the veil is lifted? One of my favorite contemporary Christian songs is Mercy Me's "I can only imagine." It is a song of speculation of what it will be like on the day when we believers finally meet Christ in person. The words of the chorus are:

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

Oh how I long for that day! I marvel at the thought of seeing my Savior clearly, of finally understanding the totality of the sacrifice He made for me, of experiencing Heavenly worship with the angels and with all the saints who have gone before me, of having a new, sin-free, perfect body, of spending eternity with my Lord! Doesn't the very thought of these things quicken your heart and cause you to worship, right at your computer screen?

Sometimes I am utterly undone and overcome by these thoughts, and I know that, in those moments, the Holy Spirit is singing within my soul. He is reminding me that, though my sins are as filthy rags, yet the Father sees me as whiter than the freshly fallen snow, because I am covered in the pure forgiveness of Christ. How wondrous, how glorious, how mysterious is the mercy of God! I am so thankful that He has revealed Himself to me. To see even dimly, even as through a veil, is to experience as much glory as I can handle. I know that if I were to see God in all of His glory, it would be too much for me in my sinful, earthly flesh. Yet, He allows me these glimpses, and they are what keep my faith alive and real. Oh yes, one day I will see clearly, face-to-face, and I look forward to that terrifying and glorious day.

Blessings in Christ,
~ Kate :)

No comments: